Evan went in for his radiation treatment yesterday and before they would take him for the treatment they wanted to check his bilirubin count. It was back up again to 3.4. We are not sure what is causing his count to be so high but Evan feels that it is something that is not going to reverse so they went ahead with the treatment.
We faced a decision that placed us between a rock and a hard place. The tumor in Evan's liver had doubled in size in a matter of 3 months so it was important to treat that tumor. Treating that tumor now puts him at greater risk for liver failure due to his bilirubin count, so we have spent the night at the hospital so that they can continue to monitor him.
They have a IV continually running to keep him hydrated and help his liver process what is going on. This should help keep his liver healthy. There is a possibility that he will be sent home with an IV for the weekend and we will have the help of Home Care to help with the IV.
Needless to say, it has been very stressful and will continue to be stressful until we know he is in the clear.
Thanks for all your prayers!
4 years ago