Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day To Day

It seems that from day to day there isn't much change in Evan but once I sit back and think about it, I can see that every day he is a little weaker.

It gets harder for him to get up because it wears him down so much. He is now in bed 24/7 except when he gets up to use the restroom. Getting bathed is really a chore for him. He is beginning to struggle with what is real and what has been part of his dreams. Part of this is due to the pain meds but some of it has to do with the toxin levels in his body. They told me that this would happen. It is really hard for me to realize the reality of what's ahead for all of us.

On the up side, the drainage tube is working great to relieve Evan's discomfort and Hospice has been good to us. My work has been great about all of this, and is allowing me to work from home for as long as I need to. I can see the Lords hand in my life everyday as he pours out blessings upon me and my family.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

You are all in my thoughts, Julie. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.
~Kristin

Anonymous said...

Julie,
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Janna

Anonymous said...

Julie and family- You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything, please let me know.

Teresa

Debbie said...

I sure want to get over there as much as I can before he doesn't know me anymore. I really struggle, tho, cuz I know I can't be there without breaking down. I don't want to make it any harder for your family. I know I need to be strong, but it's just not in me. I love you all so much and wish there was something I could do to help you thru this. Know that my love and thoughts are with you all every single day.

Anonymous said...

Evan,
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers every day.

Your fellow RT Riders are here to support you. Hang in there big guy! We all miss you.

- Brian