Friday, November 6, 2009

12 Treatments Down 3 to Go !!

Well,

I have been doing my radiation treatments now for almost 3 weeks and I have 3 to go. One monday, and then 2 on Tuesday. Once those are done, then I am scheduled to go in for another Therasphere radiation treatment on the 16th. That is the one where they put the microscopic glass beads in my Liver to kill the tumors there.

Once that is done, then I will start the Sandastaten shots and they will be one a month for as long as they are affective. The purpose of those is to stop the growth of the tumors that remain in me. They said it is pretty affective and will work for a while. I will continue to have CT scans most likely every two or three months to see if any new cancer tumors show up.

So there you have it, now you are up to date on my treatments and how I am doing.
Well, maybe not so much how I am doing but at least up to date on my treatments.

As for how I am doing, well Today is Friday and I am looking out the window towards the West and the sun is shining and the sky is blue. it is a beautiful day to be alive...

1 comment:

KellieD said...

Just dropping in from the Jones' blog to wish you all the best with your radiation and treatments.. You will be in our thoughts and prayers in NJ...