Thursday, August 7, 2008

Roller Coaster

Are we at Lagoon? It sure feels like I am on the roller coaster or more exactly the Colossus. Evan was supposed to come home today but he took a step back again. For some reason we can’t seem to keep him from vomiting. He isn’t eating anything but his stomach is still making bile and instead of having it move through his system, it stays in his stomach until he throws it up. I know this is more information than you really wanted to hear but this is the reason he is still at the hospital. The doctor has taken several x-rays to see why he isn’t processing anything but we haven’t gotten the results back yet. I have come home for the night and Cody is with me. I really hate having to pawn him off on others and he is getting tired of not being at home with his stuff and his friends close around him. I will return to the hospital again tomorrow with high hopes of returning home with my sweetheart. With all of this going on, it seems that life is at a stand still and I can’t seem to think past the door of Evan’s hospital room. I received a phone call from Evan’s oldest sister, Coleen, and I was reminded that her son was getting married tomorrow. Though my life seems at a stand still, it would appear that the world is still spinning and life is moving forward. Coleen, please tell Leo and Jamie congratulations and let them know that I have mailed them their gift. I am so sorry that I will not be at the temple to share in their joy tomorrow.

Again, I would like to take some time for thanks……to our ward members, thanks for the meals that we have enjoyed. I will have to get the recipes for all of the yummy dishes. Words can not express how important these sacrifices have been to me. I am burning the candle at both ends and it is so nice to know that I don’t have to worry about dinner.

We love each and every one of you, thanks for caring so much.
Evan & Julie

1 comment:

Rana said...

Wish I lived closer! I am so glad that we had the family fast, We're hanging on tight with you Julie and Evan, Cody, Jaydee and Matt.