Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tattoo's today

Today I went in to have my visit prior to my radiation treatment and the doctor showed me the results of the scans that I had the past two days. It showed that my liver still has 3 dots of Cancer on it. Also it shows a big white dot on a Lymph Node that is right by my spine.
So today they did another CT scan and then gave me 5 Tattoo's that are permanent dots on my chest, tummy and sides. They are only dots so it isn't like it will even be seen if I have my shirt off. Not that I go without a shirt often. I have too big of a scar to bare it.

So the doctor said that he wanted to do the 3 weeks of Radiation starting next Wednesday and then when that is done on the Lymph Nodes, then he wants to schedule another Theresphere treatment for the tumors on my Liver. It will be two days in the hospital. One for the mapping and the next for the treatment. (about 7 days between)

That is the current plan. The doc did have some good news and that was that he was not going to start the sandostatin shots (chemo) so I will wait to see how long I can go without that. He thinks the longer I can wait without symptoms the better off I will be.

He did confirm again that this is terminal and that I shouldn't plan on more than 5 to 10 years. Oh well, I will take what I can get and enjoy them. Remember, you shouldn't worry about what you cant change. I cant change the fact that I have Cancer so I will not worry about it.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Your attitude is amazing! You never know what new treatments can come around in the next few years. Just enjoy life and don't worry about the calendar.

So glad you have a new plan and that you're comfortable with it. That's everything!

I'm pulling for you guys - always!
Kris